Saturday, May 9, 2015

Dentyne Ad

One day while I was flipping through some magazines, I came across a Dentyne advertisement. In a big font was the words, "Get 40 Minutes Fresher Breath After Nomming." The number 40 was in even bigger font, and was very bold. The advertising technique used in this ad is the Facts and Figures. By really making the number 40 stand out, it makes the Dentyne gum really superior. The word, "fresher" after the 40 contributes to the emphasis of 40. Both the 40 and the word "fresher" combine together to deliver the explicit message and to show the superiority of the product. The explicit message of the product is that by chewing this gum, your breath will become fresher. 

The lighting of the ad also contributes to the effect of the message. Near the top of the ad, the lighting is darker, and near the mid-bottom of the ad the lighting is lighter. The lighting is especially light on the words "fresher breath" and the picture of Dentyne gum on the bottom of the page. This kind of glorifies the Dentyne gum product, and adds to effect that this product is superior. 



1 comment :

  1. Adding on to what you were saying about lighting, I agree with the different light adjustments made to highlight certain parts of the ad, but also I noticed where it says "ice" on the pack of gum has a white background part compared to the rest of the gum pack. I think this accentuates the fact that the gum is cool like ice and if you buy and chew the gum then you'll be cool too or your breath will be as cool as ice.

    ReplyDelete