I found this song to be very calming. As I listened to it my mind felt at ease like it melted into butter. I love how this song sounds, and I feel that it really fits the location. I also think that the scenery plays a big role. While the video is playing, you can see different views of the Great Wall of China and the nature around it. I think that this form of ethos gives the effect that the music in nature are becoming one. In addition, in the video they show the symbol of ying and yang. I think that this reinforces the idea of music and nature becoming one by symbolizing that there is a balance between nature and music. Another effect is the black and whiteness. At the beginning of the song everything is in black and white except the instruments and the PianoGuys. Then, suddenly there is color in the scene. I think that this adds a dramatic effect. As the music becomes faster there is more color, but when the music slows down at the end, the colors goes back to being black and white.
Here is a little extra. This shows how they got the piano on top of the Great Wall of China.
I agree with you when you said that the music is very calming. It sounds so peaceful and then all of a sudden when you see a bright red color in the piano contrasted against the cool calming colors and the music speeds up that makes that scene that much more dramatic like you said.
ReplyDelete