Frontline's Making Cents out of Teens: Merchants of Cool was pretty interesting. The two things in the video that stood out to me the most was "Mook" and "Midriff." Even though Mook and Midriff stood out to me the most, they were both really disturbing.
Mook is a created character that was designed to be obnoxious, in your face, loud, and crude. When the video first showed him as a real life person his actions were really disturbing to me. I don't think that I know any person who would jump into poop water like the way he did. The way Mook acts just seems so unethical. He seems to be the type of person that doesn't take anything seriously, does what he wants to do, and wouldn't care what other people think of him.
Midriff on the other hand appeals to girls. According to the video, it's all about" your body being your best asset." Midriff appears to promote your features. by showing off your body and its features, you're naturally going to attract attention. It's almost like "your asking for it." I think that trouble will naturally come, whether it's gossip or criticism. I also feel that Midriff promotes too much about one's body, and ignores the other things that makes a person a person. Midriff gives us simple solutions by saying this is a nice body and that is all that matters.

No comments :
Post a Comment