Saturday, May 9, 2015

Grocery Outlet Bargain Market



The Grocery Outlet Commercial makes use of the ad technique of Transfer/Association. First, Grocery Outlet uses the words, "But Wait, There's More" to show that Grocery Outlet has all the items  that we need.   At the same time, the commercial changes to a different landscape, which features a different product. In addition, Grocery Outlet uses the girl puppet with the Grocery Outlet as a mascot. For the viewers,  when people think of Grocery Outlet, they think of the mascot puppet. As a result, we think of Grocery Outlet and all of the many products it has to offer. The words, "But Wait, There's More" also promotes Grocery Outlet's jingle, "Grocery Outlet Bargain Market." Since Grocery Outlet is trying to say that they have all the items we need, the jingle is saying that all the items they have is at a bargain. 


2 comments :

  1. I agree with you when you said that when we think of Grocery Outlet we think of the female puppet. In past Grocery Outlet commercials, they have also used the same idea of the jingle which I think is used to make it hard for us to forget the jingle since it is so catchy. Also there is the common used phrase "Grocery Outlet, Bargain Market" which is also very catchy to us so it's easy to remember. I think this appeals to us in the emotional sense that the ad is very fun and catchy and it's fun to watch puppets singing a jingle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree about the sing-songy phrase "Grocery Outlet, Bargain Market." As I'm typing this, I had to resist actually singing it out loud. In this commercial, too, the repeated phrase "But wait, there's more!" is so catchy, it was stuck in my head after hearing it once. Grocery Outlet's consistent use of this catchy phrase, and the puppets, create an ethos that appeals to customers. Also, it was using the advertising technique of wit and humor/sex appeal when it mentions the unicorn, and when it shows the name of the main puppet singers (Lois Prices and Tami Underspend). "But waiiit, there's moooore..." Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete